Active X Radar Target Enhancer (RTE)
Designed to respond to interrogating X band radar (9.3 – 9.5GHz) by receiving a transmitted pulse and amplifying the pulse and re-transmitting the pulse back to the radar at the same frequency
Improving the radar detection range and visibility of small targets.
It will not enhance significantly vessels with large radar cross section.
Intended for small vessels with no radar fitted.
Enhances the radar cross section of vessels 25m in length.
Improvements will start to be seen at around 1-2 miles extending to 8-10 miles or more depending on prevailing conditions.
The response of the RTE will vary according to range, RTE and radar height above sea level, radar power and condition.
- Poor weather
- sea state
- precipitation will greatly reduce the response
- Reception frequency: X band 9.32 – 9.5 GHz
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +60 degrees C
- Voltage: 12V DC – +30%-10% (voltage surge and cross polarity protected)
- Stand by current consumption: 15mA
- Position accuracy: Within 1 meter
- 5 interrogating radar 23mA
- 10 32mA
- EIRP: 1W
- Dimensions: length: 478 mm: width: 40.5 mm: weight: 327 gms excluding cable
- Cable length: 24M 2 core 0.5mm2: Cable weight: 969 gms
- Performance Response
- Zero degrees: 111.36M2
- +/-10 degrees of heel: 78.96M2
- +/-20 degrees of heel: 20.80M2