Pilot Plug 5 meters Lead With USB PC Connector
AIS Class A Transponders have a special “Pilot Plug” that allow a Commercial Pilot to quickly and reliably connect their laptop/PC to Class A Transponder when they arrive onboard.
The Pilot Plug Cable
connects to a Class A Transponder and receive NMEA0183 AIS and GPS data via a USB port.
With some models of Class A
Some transponders when this cable is used configure Class A AIS’s with static AIS data and/or the mandatory voyage data that is to be programmed in to a Class A transponder before starting a passage.
NMEA to USB Adaptor
works on PC, Mac and Linux computers and converts NMEA 0183 date used by many marine systems into a USB format that is plugged into modern computers.
- Adaptor is a bi-directional device so data can be sent to and from systems.
- Pilot Plug Cable creates a virtual COM port on the PC which navigation and charting software is use to read NMEA data.
- Device ships with a multi platform driver CD so it can be used on PCs, MACs and even Linux based systems.
- 5 m Cable
- Fully NMEA 0183 compatible (differential RS422)
- Bidirectional data connection
- Low cost simple solution
- Easy plug and play connection to most computers (Windows/Mac/LINUX)